The Original DDave Adapter for the Arizer EQ and VTower Vaporizers
Welcome to more efficient vaping!
Two items of importance to note here.
1) First off, with any mod to any device, you need to test the waters before you jump right in. Lower your heat a bit (10-20C) from your normal maximum temperatures used. Watch the color of your ABV. This mod increases heat at the herb level, and dreaded combustion is possible. So use your first few sessions to find the best vaping temperatures for your sessions and your vaporizer.
2) Preheat your glass! For best results, preheat your vaporizer with DDave Adapter on the heater for 10-15 minutes before your vaping session and your desired temperature. This will result in the best extractions and vaping experience.
Why 2 Adapters?
The Shorter of the two included adapters is the DDave Original Mod Adapter. It uses the larger of the round screens included. This achieves an optimal airpath and flow. Power and quick extractions!
The Taller (a free bonus adapter!) is made for Slower sessions. This one uses the 1" round screens. Smooth and Flavorful!
1) Install one of the included screens in the center of the adapter. Do so by folding gently in the shape of a taco shell, but do not crease the fold, leave it round/curve shaped. Slide one end of the taco shell shaped screen into the adapter and either with fingers or other object that fits (chop stick, pencil, etc), continue to push into the adapter and from the other side, guide the inserted end into the center ring of the adapter. The screens are a couple milimeters larger than the ring themselves by design, so it will leave the screen with a slight dip in the middle, like a very shallow bowl. This dip should be pointed down at the heater, so that herbs gravitate towards the middle and not the edges.
2) Load your herbs. Using either of the two methods below. a) Adapter loose load - you may choose to load your herbs directly into the adapter itself. Never fill more than 1/2 of the space between the adapter and the edge of the Arizer Elbow when inserted into the adapter. The herbs need room to move during a draw.
b) Elbow (basket screen) pack - Load your herbs into the basket and gently tap them down just enough so they stay put if you were to turn the adapter updside down. Then place into the adapter for your session.
Benefits you'll receive from this Mod:
* More efficient extractions
* Herb conservation
* Greater cloud production
* Fix for the wobbly screen and poor airpath of the stock Cyclone Bowl.
Soaking the adapter in ISO Alcohol. Depending on how "dirty", quick soaks can be done with screen still inserted. Overnight soaks are recommended. (You can clean the Glass Elbow and basket screens at the same time using this method as well, just be careful not to allow the glass to clash together and damage themselves in the process).
Questions/Concerns/Comments/Feedback: My Friend. It is my hope that this kit helps you obtain the results you desire from your vaping sessions. Please feel free to contact me at DdaveMod@Gmail.com or by using the Contact DDave Option at www.DdaveMods.com.
Defective Pieces: While I've made efforts to maintain quality control over suppliers and pieces of these kits, if you've received a piece you believe is defective, please contact me. I would ask for a description of the issue seen and a pic or two showing the problem. I'd like the opportunity to not only discuss the issue & remedy with you, but also to feed this information back to my suppliers so I can reinforce their quality control practices. While glass is hand made and subject to subtle differences, I do hold my suppliers to high standards. I wish to provide you a kit that will serve you well for many years to come.